While shopping for our weekly grocery Vierte asked if he can buy some chocolate chip cookies. I said nope and promised him that we make some cookies together. C was teasing me that I still haven’t made the cakes that they both requested. See after making Mickey Mouse cake for Liam and watching Cake Boss every night V’s long cake request includes McQueen, Dog, Sesame Street, and Disney cake.
For now he was happy to help me make Hershey’s Chocolate Chip Cookies which is also one of the first bake goodies I made some years ago.
Also when my Lola Mommy turned 80 years old, we (Mama, Badet and I) baked a 5 dozens of these and everyone just loved them cookies! Lola even kept a tupperware full of cookies hidden in her closet. Oh how I miss her!
After showing Vierte how to scoop some cookie dough, roll on chocolate chips then transfer on baking sheet he decided to use the cupcake tray. Happily he sings “scoop, put cookie, sprinkle oh-yeah! See mama Vierte makes cookie cupcake for you! “
While patiently waiting for his cookie cups we played Angry Birds. Our family is totally addicted. Of course he then requested to make some angry birds cake next, plus one to the list above.
As soon as his Dad arrived from work he announced that he made some cookies with Mama explaining that you have to wash and crack the eggs slowly and sprinkle chocolates on top. C’s only comment is the cookie crunch as it didn’t have the crunch commercial cookies have. Maybe substituting half of the butter required to shortening will give it that crunch? Vierte insisted that it was crunchy 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- On your mixer beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add 1 egg at a time and mix.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mix well.
- Scoop some dough and roll them on a bowl full of chocolate chips.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown on the sides.