Day 3 of our Building Buttercream Skills course was all about flowers. We were asked to bring 8 treats that has a flat surface and shaped either round or rectangle.
Ms. A taught us to pipe
- Bead, for borders
- Star Drop Flower
- Swirl Drop Flower
As always, while Ms. A did a demonstration on how to make each flower it looked so easy. I had a hard time specially with making daisy and
I made use of the leftover buttercream from day 2 which still works fine in piping but we noticed that it was already oily and a lot of air has been incorporated into it.
- Use a medium soft icing consistency
- Turn flower nail anti-clockwise. Place nail on the 1st line of your finger and move with the help of thumb towards the end.
- Consistent pressure control
- Let the piping tip do it’s work
The yellow ones were made by Ms. A and the middle was well my creation. Final reminder is to Practice…Practice…Practice…
Homework for Session 4:
- Bake a 2 layer round or square cake.
- Bring cake to class already in its crumb coat stage, depending on your final design
- Make flowers ahead of time.
- Stiff consistency icing, colored
- Thin consistency icing mix with piping gel for writing