The cupcakes are great to pack for school baon or afternoon snack, bake them and store on the refrigerator.
Banana Oatmeal Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup laban milk (you can also use buttermilk or fresh milk)
- 4 large bananas (about 1 1/2 cups), mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
- Sift all dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix in chocolate chips, oatmeal and cinnamon – in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix bananas, eggs, butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly fold. Don’t over mix it does not have to be really smooth.
- Scoop batter to your cupcake tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.