We have a fudgy, chunky and easy cocoa brownies for your family. I guarantee that the chocolate lover in your family will ask for more!
This brownie recipe will easily become a family favorite!
- I prefer to use Dutch processed cocoa powder when available. Otherwise, a natural cocoa powder will do great as well.
- 70% dark chocolate chunks is a MUST. You can double the amount of chocolate if you don’t fancy nuts.
- CHECK brownies after 20 minutes of baking, if the middle is still runny and wet, bake for 5 minutes more. Continue baking until you see the middle part is set but still give a bit of movement when pan is moved.
- I baked our brownies in our electric oven for exactly 27 minutes.
Important! Bake two batches and hide one tray for yourself.
Easy Brownies with Walnuts and Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, sift and mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and melted butter, give it a good mix.
- Fold dry ingredients to wet mixture, until incorporated.
- Add in 1/2 cup each of chopped walnuts and dark chocolate.
- Pour batter in a greased pan. Sprinkle more walnuts and chocolate on top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Check at the 20 minute mark.
- Let brownies cool for 2 hours or overnight. Cut in squares.