Quinoa is high and protein and the only plant-base super food that contains 9 amino acids in one product.
So.. I find sneaky opportunities to add quinoa to any dish – fried rice, chicken porridge, and now MEATBALLS!
My kids squirmed at the sight of quinoa because it tastes weird. I declare this a #MomWin because the little humans I feed did not complain at all.
I am making a big batch to freeze to keep me sane on a lazy day.
Chicken Quinoa Meatballs
- 1 kg ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease baking dish with oil.
- In a bowl, mix quinoa, bread crumbs, all spice, turmeric, salt, black pepper and garlic paste. Mixture should be on the salty side at this point because we still need to add ground chicken.
- Add ground chicken, sesame oil, soy sauce and egg to your spice mixture. Form 1 ball and fry for you to taste. Adjust taste according to your liking.
- Form mixture into balls. Place on greased pan close to one another but not touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
*Serve plain, on pasta or drizzle with your favorite sauce. I will server meatballs with some teriyaki sauce and mashed potato in a few days.