Pizza is a complete meal in one bite. Agree?
This is one meal that my kids can eat every day without question even when it has vegetables as toppings. Well, except for Chloe who would only touch a pepperoni pizza.
The sad truth about pizza though is that it is best eaten straight out of the oven. Packing them for lunchbox is a hit and miss depending on the crust, it can get soggy.
Cupcakes that taste like your favorite pizza only this one does not get soggy when packed for school lunch or road trip. PERFECT!
One important thing to remember when you make these, use a silicon or grease proof cupcake liner because they will stick to regular ones. Another option is to not use liners at all and just grease your cupcake pans.
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsps. Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tsps. Dried Oregano / Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (reserve 1/2 cup for toppings)
- Pepperoni Slices
- Pre-heat oven to 190C. Line cupcake pan with grease proof liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, dried seasoning and salt in a mixing bowl. Add oil, milk and eggs; mix until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter to each cupcake. Fill it with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni slices.
- Final, top it off with a spoonful of cake batter, sauce, cheese and more pepperoni pizza.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check cupcakes at 15 minutes, when toothpick come out clean when inserted in the middle of batter and tops are perfectly melted then cupcake is done.