Chicken Schnitzel with butter fried potato and beans, a photo by gailcaidoy on Flickr.
Did I ever mention that we are enjoying Junior Masterchef Australia? Those kids inspired me to be a better cook and be serious on preparing yummy beautiful meals. These Chicken Schnitzel was featured on the show’s masterclass below is my version.
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 80 ml Olive Oil
- 40g butter, cubed
- Cut the Chicken breast horizontally into thin steaks. Place in between 2 sheets of cling film and lightly pound with the flat side of meat mallet to flaten.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Prepare one bowl each for Flour, BreadCrumbs, Egg Milk mixture, and Chicken breasts.
- Coat one piece chicken in flour and shke to remove excess. Then dip the chicken into the egg mixture. Then coat chicken in the breadcrumbs pressing firmly to coat. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, cook chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Remove and place on to the paper towel.
- For the veggies, slice boiled potatoes and remove ends of string beans. Melt butter on a different pan. Fry potatoes till brown on the sides, set aside. Cook string beans for about two minutes.