Last week, our eldest Kuya V turned 8 years old and this year we all decided not to organize a party, instead he asked that we do several things he really liked. His birthday weekend coincided with the Islamic New Year which meant we had Thursday till Saturday to celebrate.
- First thing to do on the list is play and have picnic at the beach. We did just that with our Filipino blogging family here in Dubai.
Bbq, games with friends and cake!
- A wheelboard – We know that he really likes one but it’s too expensive and I find it dangerous. Luckily, I won an instagram competition hosted by Fun City – come, play!
He can use the board indoors and always wearing a helmet.
- We watched the movie Pan at Vox Cinema at the newest wing of Mall of the Emirates.
- iFly with Dad – a self challenge to conquer his fear of heights iFly Dubai.
Last year he promised us and challenged himself that when he turns 8 years old he will try to conquer his fear of heights and do iFly. Dad and him were the last ones to fly, watching others do it first really scared him. We’re really proud of you Kuya!
- He requested that we have brunch, while planning were to go an email invitation to experience Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers Friday Double Brunch – Thai Feista pop in my mailbox. Perfect timing! This is our third time brunching at Mövenpick JLT and we have always liked the relax vibe at Nosh restaurant, also the kids are big fans of their powerbites creation. To learn more about their dining promotions visit the website, here.
Skylanders: SuperChargers – a yearly gift from Lolo Dino since it’s release. He get’s away from getting the latest edition because it gets released on his birthday month. Last year, he requested a cake base on Skylanders and it was a hit!
- Ultimate candy chocolate cake baked by Mama. Baking cake for his birthday has been a tradition and I’m planning to do it until I can, you can his previous cakes here. We made two cakes, one for the park and the other one was shared with his basketball friends at Skywalker Clinic. He bought the world’s largest gummy bear at a candy store in Kansas city using the money he earned from mowing the grass. I initially planned to place the giant gummy bear on top of the cake but I did not have the dowels needed to make it stand, so we settled on displaying the bear beside the cake.
Happy 8th birthday Kuya!