This is simple stir fried bokchoy is my favorite way to prepare this vegetable. It’s quick, easy, healthy and yummy. I prepare this as a side dish for fried meat or baked fish. Great for lunch box too.
I get our Bok Choy stash from WestZone supermarket and during the winter season at the Farmers Market.
Garlic Bok Choy
Quick and easy dish that is great side for either a fried or baked meat.
- 2 packs bok choy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce / oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Trim the bottoms off each bundle, cut in half or quarters depending on size. Make each piece as uniform as possible so they cook evenly. Wash thoroughly.
- Heat the pan, melt butter and add garlic. I like to add garlic while the butter is cold to infuse better flavor and slowly cook till its toasted.
- Once garlic is toasted remove from heat, set aside. Add bok choy and mix the vegetables with a thong making sure that everything is coated with garlic.
- Add soy sauce as soon as the vegetables start to wilt. Add a tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Transfer on serving plate, top with toasted garlic.