This easy chocolate cake recipe is a staple in our house. A keeper as it is also the same recipe I use when a client requests it for a fondant covered cake.
Don’t skip the frosting as it is heaven sent!
Moist Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup Brewed Coffee
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line desired pan, I use a 8″ cake pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Combine oil, coffee and milk – give it a quick stir.
- Turn your mixture to low and and slowly pour wet mixture on your dry ingredients.
- Add eggs one at a time till fully incorporated. Add vanilla. Mixture will be runny.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Full Cream Milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- Sift cocoa powder, sugar, and flour.
- Add milk and butter.
- Cook on a double broiler.
- Stir occasionally to remove lumps and when mixture starts to thicken, stir more often.
- Cook until thick enough to spread on cake. Allow icing to cool down a bit before frosting cake.