I think the first time we heard of beer butt chicken was while watching Masterchef.
The baked chicken was absolutely juicy, I think it’s because of the steam produced from the beer/soda. The chicken cooked over guinness had a smokey flavor while the one with 7-up sweeter.
Beer (Soda) Butt Chicken
- 1 can Beer or Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- In 1 bowl mix all spices.
- Clean chicken buy rubbing salt all over and rinse. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with spice rub (#2)
- Open beer can and drink half of its content.
- Carefully, insert can on the chicken cavity. Make sure that chicken sits well over the can.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until golden brown outside and the liquid coming out comes clear.