LittleMan V likes apples and have it for snack everyday. I like apples too but prefer it on desserts – pie, crumble, turnovers, even a simple puff pie makes me happy.
I saw Martha Stewart’s – Apple Pie Cake on my facebook feed, took a quick look at the ingredients and proceeded to the kitchen to bake.
Made few changes on the filling, added chia seeds (I add this to almost everything we eat) and made a maple glaze.
Easy, yummy and looks like pie.
Honey-Maple Apple Pie Cake
Original recipe – Martha Stewart’s Apple Pie Cake
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 400 g Unsalted butter, cold (cut in cubes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 10 Apples (original recipe asked for 5 pounds), peeled and cut into thin slices.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice, set aside.
- Cake Crust: Sift flour and sugar. Turn stand-mixer to low and drop cubes of butter till incorporated. Alternately, you can use a pastry cutter. Press about 2/3 cup of the mixture to your spring-form pan, bottom and sides – similar to preparing a pie crust.
- Fill your “cake crust” with apple slices, lightly press and continue filling.
- Mix honey and maple syrup, pour over your filling. Sprinkle chia seeds.
- Drop blobs of remaining crust mixture on top.
- Place pan on an aluminum covered baking sheet. Bake for 1 hr 30 minutes or till top crust turns golden brown.
- Glaze: Mix 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp powdered sugar. Drizzle on pie.
I should try this recipe during the weekend as it looks very healthy. Me too a lover of apples!!
Let me know if you gave it a try.
Sure, will do that!!
oh my this does look good! #tastytuesdays
Thanks! Let me know if you gave it a try.
Ooh yum, love apple desserts. This looks fab
Oh yum, this is just the sort of comfort food I enjoy.
Perfect for days when you just want to sit and enjoy something yummy.
This looks utterly divine
This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I hope you get to try it.
Oh lovely recipe, it’s making me so hungry! Perfect for the cold weather 🙂 #tastytuesdays
Thank you! Weather here is getting colder as well
Oh wow this looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays
Ooh this looks delicious! #tastytuesdays