I buy a bunch of bananas and wait for them to ripen, have that beautiful zebra spots. My LittleOnes know that ones they see spots it’s time to make smoothie, bread or cupcake.
The cupcakes are great to pack for school baon or afternoon snack, bake them and store on the refrigerator.
Banana Oatmeal Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup laban milk (you can also use buttermilk or fresh milk)
- 4 large bananas (about 1 1/2 cups), mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
- Sift all dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix in chocolate chips, oatmeal and cinnamon – in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix bananas, eggs, butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly fold. Don’t over mix it does not have to be really smooth.
- Scoop batter to your cupcake tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Linked to: Tasty Tuesday’s | Clear Out & Eat
Thanks so much for linking up to #ClearOutAndEat. Your cupcakes sound delicious. A great way to use up ripe bananas. The combination with oats is a great one.
These look fab and I love the lunchbox! What a cool idea!
Oh delicious, will try this! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays
Pingback: Banana Biscoff Bread | Cuddles and Crumbs
Pingback: Bento Lunch Box Menu January 8-12 | Cuddles and Crumbs