I have a bottle of Crunchy Biscoff that’s going to expire in two months, the kids are over the biscoff cravings so I’m finding creative ways to use them.
I have a lot of zebra ripe bananas, compared to other recipes we have here this recipe make use of more bananas which makes it yummier. I ladle about two cups of batter and add biscoff then top it off with banana slices and repeat till your pan is 3/4 full.
Looking at the biscoff swirls made so happy, I imagined how pretty it would look when we slice the bread. But…
The swirls were not obvious when I sliced the bread. Unless you look at each slice closely will you see the biscoff swirls, it will be a different story with nutella spread.
Swirls gone but bread is moist and bursting with banana goodness.
Tag me when you get a chance too bake this bread. Enjoy!
Banana Biscoff Bread
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cups mashed banana (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups Biscoff crunchy or smooth spread (warm on microwave for 5-10 seconds)
- 2 banana, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Lightly grease and line bread pan with parchment paper.
- Mix softened butter and sugar over medium speed then add eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup of Biscoff spread.
- Mix sifted dry ingredients to your wet mixture just until just combined. Fold in mashed banana.
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of batter on your pan. Dallop about 2-3 spoonfuls of biscoff then swirl with a knife of fork then add a few of banana slices. Place another spread of batter, biscoff and banana slices. Repeat till the pan is 3/4 full. End with banana slices.
- Place pan in the middle of the oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick/cake tester inserted comes out clean. Let bread cool inside the pan for about 20 minutes then remove to completely cool on wire rack.
Linked to What Kids Eat Wednesday