Cupcakes loaded with cheddar cheese!
I can’t decide whether its savory or sweet but I can guarantee you that the cupcakes are delicious.
Chloe sells cupcakes at her Kuya V’s basketball practice and these always gets sold out. The batter has cheese in it and topped with more cheese.
My kids have been using their own money to buy stuff that they want while we (the parents) cover every thing they need. I will share more how we are (hopefully) teaching them to be more responsible with managing their finances well.
We have always baked using grams, below I roughly converted it in cups. Recipe yields to more than 2 dozens depends on the size of your cupcake pans.
- 10 grams | 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 500 grams | 3 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 320 grams | 1 ½ cups Butter, room temperature
- 350 grams | 1 ½ cups of Sugar
- 454 grams | 1 bar Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 large eggs
- PreHeat oven to 180C.
- Sift flour and baking powder, set aside dry mixture.
- Cream butter and sugar until light in color. Add eggs one at a time.
- Alternately, add dry mixture and condensed milk to creamed butter.
- Set aside about 1 cup of grated cheese for toppings. Mix in the rest of the cheese to cake batter.
- Scoop a batter on cupcake liners, top with more grated cheese on top. Feel free to add as much or less cheese to your liking.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted on the batter comes out clean.
Sounds delicious! Will surely try this.