This pancake recipe consists of ingredients that is probably a staple in your kitchen. I have been whipping up this recipe as a child and now with my children.
We have also been packing it for school lunch. I make it ahead of time and store in the fridge.
Make it ahead of time for by mixing all dry ingredients, store on a sealed jar. Once the pancake craving kicks in, just add all the liquid ingredients as listed on the recipe.
Easy Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and melted butter.
- Stir in wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Lumps on batter are perfectly fine.
- Place a pan over medium-low heat. Grease with oil.
- Scoop batter on hot pan, I suggest you use ice cream scooper. Once bubbles appear, flip pancakes and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes until pancakes are cooked through.
Enjoy with butter, maple syrup and jam.