Child's Play, Family, LittleMan, LittleMiss C
Comments 20

LittleOnes Library: Reading time

iPad is strictly off limits during school days. Kuya Vierte complained that there was nothing for him to do, LittleMiss was sleeping and I was busy cleaning up – I have no one to play with, he said. I told him to read me a story a loud, he once again complained that we already know all the stories and all of our books are for babies.

I reminded him that we did have books for 6yo kids – some from Dr. Seuss and Encyclopedia for kids. With a sad face he stomped and browsed our book shelf. Finally, he chose “Time for Kids: Almanac 2014” and minutes later – silence – he was enjoying.

MyNappyTales LibraryI promised him that Mommy will stop work and take time to sit down and read with them.

“We can always order food for take away Mama, when we get lost reading and you forget to cook.”

Last weekend, we went to Kinokuniya and bought books. I initially planned to get just classic books – Secret Garden & Huckleberry Finn.

Before going inside Vierte spotted a Minecraft book and immediately expressed that he finally found the book for him. “Now we can all read the book and play minecraft Daddy!”

Books for AprilI picked up several series book for him to choose while LittleMiss was going crazy picking up character books she was familiar with from watching cartoons. From a pile of books Vierte & Dad chose The Life of Ty, HuckleBerry Finn, and MineCraft book. I returned all of the other books, the problem was LittleMiss refuse to let go of a glittery book SugarLump and the Unicorn even when Daddy showed her that we already got a small Dora book, with conviction she cried “NO!” and marched towards the counter with a glittery book in her arms. She only let go of the book when Dad told her that we had to pay for the book.

That night Dad and V spent reading the Minecraft book – Dad exclaimed afterwards that he now understood why kids liked playing the game and encourage me to read it too. LitteMiss and I read the story of SugarLump 5x and she sighed every time we turned the page “ahh pwetty yey”

What are your kids favorite book?

Sharing post with:

This entry was posted in: Child's Play, Family, LittleMan, LittleMiss C

by

Hi, my name is Abigail a stay at home Mama of two LittleOnes and currently residing in Dubai, UAE since 2009. This is my little space online where I share activities, places we've been, food we enjoy and snippets of our daily expat life. β€˜Cuddles and Crumbs’ is a combination of the two main things I share on this blog: cuddles (family) and crumbs (food).

20 Comments

1. Coombe Mill (Fiona) says

Perhaps I should read it too, mine are minecraft addicts! #MagicMoments

2. Merlinda Little says

oohhh thats a lot of books! Mine love peppa pig at the moment. Peppa pig magazine too as they have this part where you can learn how to write by following lines. #magicmoments

• We just started watching Peppa Pig but still not hooked on her. Despicable Me and Frozen still tops the list of movies we play over and over again.

3. Mummy Tries says

tee hee πŸ™‚ Mine are too young for Minecraft, i’s Frozen.Frozen.Frozen in our house! #MagicMoments

4. fashion-mommy says

At the moment mine is obsessed with The Tiger who came to tea, The Gruffalo…and anything about the Titanic -of which he is fascinated…

#MagicMoments

5. Sara (@mumturnedmom) says

We have so many books! We’ve moved from Usbourne, through Julia Donaldson and now my oldest is working his way through Harry Potter πŸ™‚

6. Carla Roque says

my son reads his favorite books “My first 1000 words” every single night. The daughter was asking me if I can get her the harry potter series.

• I kept my Harry Potter series and can’t wait to share it to my son. For now we listen to the audio books.

• Yes, bought audio books 1-3 at itunes before. I think now audiobooks are abailable at pottermore.com shop.

7. Super Busy Mum says

Aww love this! Its amazing when children grow the same appreciation to books that we have. My kids have an array of favorite books and the all BIG Minecraft fans! haha! #Magicmoments

8. Izzie Anderton says

My daughters always loved to read – they really loved anything by Michael Morpurgo & all of the Harry Potter books.

9. I was reading to my son since he was 4 months old. We started with Baby’s First Book from a Little Golden Book collection. =)
    He is 11 months old and we are now at 4 books that we read every night, and repeat until sawa or sleepy.
    He will be 1 year old this month and we are debating if we will buy him an iPad..