A few months back I strictly stayed off wheat and my body was happy – no migraine. I’ve slipped off wheat elimination this month as we’ve had a lot of parties to attend too and well I just gave in to temptation. Removing wheat from your diet requires planning specially if you’re family is used to snacking on bread, cake and the sorts.
LittleMan’s school vacation officially starts this week and this means that I have a hungry almost 7 year old boy asking for food almost every 30 minutes. He asked for Chocolate Chip Cookies, I know that I’ll be tempted to grab a cookie or two so instead of baking our staple cookie recipe I made a wheat free version adapted from the BiteSizedBaker.
My boy’s didn’t notice that I didn’t use any flour for this recipe and easily munched a few cookies for snack. I also made some for LittleMiss minus the chocolate chips and we both enjoyed some for tea time.
Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients – almond meal, desiccated coconut, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk egg till pale in color, then add coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients with cup of chocolate chips.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Chill cookie dough for 30 minutes
- Take a spoonful of the cookie dough and place on your cookie sheet.
- Bake till edges becomes brown, about 7 minutes.